Our Shipping Co-op is designed to let small and medium-sized shippers take advantage of the same competitive motor and air carrier pricing larger shippers receive. Similar to group buying programs that allow small stores to pool their orders into one large order, this co-op allows your company to benefit from discount pricing.
As a participant, you give us negotiating authority to:
- Pool All Participating Shippers Freight, Both Outbound and Inbound
- Invite Motor and Air Carriers to Submit Pricing
- Apply This Pricing Equally to the Entire Group
To participate in this exclusive discount carrier program, send our team a selection of your freight bills for a free savings comparison. We then compare the charges you've paid to our co-op member charges and prepare a report.
Our shipping co-op carriers can offer your company substantial competitive discounts off the same base rates, with an average discount on prepaid outbound shipments of up to 58% for interstate, and 56% for intrastate. In addition, most carriers have agreed to waive certain accessorial charges. You'll find that you can recover the monthly participation fee after only a few shipments.
Dynamic Routing Guide
Our team also provides a point-specific Dynamic Routing Guide for each of your locations, listing all the states covered by TranSaver® carriers that serve particular shipping points. Although our Routing Guide tells your shipping personnel which carriers serve which state, it must be used in conjunction with the carriers' points list to ensure your carrier serves the specific point to which a shipment is destined. We encourage you to use the Routing Guide in your Purchasing Department, remembering that it should be used with a carriers' points list to assure maximum freight savings.
More Than Just Administrators
Our TranSaver® team not only administrates the program, we act as a liaison between shipper and carrier, as well as arbitrator of in case of disputes. We also provide you with reports to help track the efficiency of your company's and carriers' participation. And we'll utilize our partnerships and resources to ensure that there's an equitable settlement if your company and a carrier are unable to settle issues locally.
Least Cost Rating
LCR is a web-based solution that assists with pre-shipment planning for all modes of transportation.
- "Rate Shop" your carriers for the least-cost rated carrier
- Choose the "best fit" carrier to route your shipment based upon service time, cost or both
- Allow your internal personnel as well external vendors and suppliers to use our LCR
- Consolidate LTLs into one TL with stop-offs
Our LCR can assist in determining the best fit carrier as well as best fit mode as it allows for seamless “shopping” between modes of transportation.
- For external vendor access we can modify the user interface to only show the preferred carrier for the vendor to route the shipment with while omitting the actual cost information.
- Users simply enter the key shipment characteristics into our LCR portal and the software system returns to the user all carriers who have rates in that lane, as well as the applicable service time information when available.
- Our LCR is fully integrated with our shipping co-op program.